Poem by Devangi Singh

Silent voice
The world has shut me up
I am forbidden to speak a single word
Not a soul will hear my voice
For I have used all of my luck.

I am a black cat seeking
Beneath cars and on roads
But when I cross…
People stab me with their disgraceful words.

I am silent through corridors and halls,
Not uttering a word,
People go by and stare
I still won’t speak, for I shouldn’t care.

Some people are good, but mostly bad,
The light slowly faded into dark
Just like I did…









But that’s not all
My silence will not mean nothing
My silence is a furious dragon,
Seething with rage towards all
whoever despised me.


That silent voice will brandish
a golden blade
Filled with my dreadful thoughts,

My hate against people,
The one who forbid me to speak,
I wish to punish them, hurt them
The way they did to me
But…
I won’t show them a cruel me.


           


                                        Devangi Singh
                                        VIII-A

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Global Learning Project_DPS-Bopal & Burnside State High School, Queensland Australia